THE IGBO NATSARIM
Igbo Natsarim are those Igbos who know they are descendants of the Israelites and have decided to return to Derech YHWH. We have also accepted Yahshua as the Messiah who came to help return us to Torah through spiritual understanding.
Who are the Igbo People?
Igbo people are a diverse ethnic group living chiefly in southeastern Nigeria.
They speak Igbo, which includes various Igboid languages and dialects.
Today a majority of them speak English alongside Igbo as a result of British colonialism.
Igbo people are one of the largest and most influential ethnic groups in Nigeria.
There are over 30 million Igbo's living in Nigeria alone and millions more scattered across the globe.
THE ORIGIN OF THE IGBO PEOPLE
The origins of the Igbo are still "unclear", some believe that they are indigenous to "Igboland" in South-East Nigeria whilst others believe that they are of Hebrew descent.There is however many who recognize that both theories may be the case because of biblical archeology that show bible history being part of Igboland and the considerable evidence linking the Igbo to Hebrew descent. While many Igbos have accepted this awareness of being descendants of the Israelites to mean they are Jews. Yet, the Igbos who are biblical scholars understand that they are part of Derech YHWH, the Ancient Path and Covenant of Yahweh. We believe we are the descendants of the Tribe of Gad, son of Jacob via Gad's son Eri.
ERI is considered by many Igbos as the progenitor of Igbo race. Igbo history is marked by some by the son of Gad. Gad is one of tribe of Isreal. Eri first settle near the Ezu na omabala (Anambra) river and later give birth to Aguleri ,Umueri and the rest that make up the whole Igwedo Kingdom. till today in Aguleri they still have a sacred place Eri build in respect of his father, called OBUGAD.And till today the whole igbo do come to Aguleri to collect their Ofor for kingship(eze). The grave of Eri is still found also ,and also hebrew words scribe on the floor of OBUGAD by Eri. The footprint of Eri near the Ezu NA Omabala river is still on existence.
Further description concerning Gad and his family is given in Numbers 26:15-18. This passage lists the clans through each of his seven sons. Through Zephon came the Zephonite clan, Haggi produced the Haggite clan, Shuni the shunite clan, Ozni (Ezbon) the Oznite clan, Eri the Erite clan, Arodi the Arodite clan, and Areli the Arelite clan. All together, the clan of Gad consisted of 40,500 people or more. Gad, as the father of the family, stood at the head of the house. All is not lost for the tribe of Gad, however. The prophet Jeremiah spoke concerning Gad and Ammon. His prophecy is found in Jeremiah 49:1.
"Concerning the Ammonites: 'This is what the Lord says: Has Israel no sons? Has she no heirs? Why then has Molech taken possession of Gad? Why do his people live in its towns? But the days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'When I will sound the battle cry against Rabbah of the Ammonites; it will become a mound of ruins, and its surrounding villages will be set on fire. Then Israel will drive out those who drove her out,' says the Lord."
God has not forgotten the tribe of Gad or the other nine tribes of Israel. The day will come when they resettle their lands, and drive out those that drove them out. Come join us as we help to Restore Gad's children to Derech YHWH.
Igbo Natsarim- What We Believe:
1. We believe in the Sabbath Day being the seventh day of the week. We believe to keep it as a Set Apart Day (Exodus 20: 8-11 ).
2. We believe in the Ten Commandments given to Prophet Moshe as given in Exodus.
3. We believe in keeping the 613 MaHaretz, where applicable as given throughout Torah (Genesis through Deuteronomy).
4. We believe in the Prophecies of Isaiah that a Messiah shall come (Messianic Prophesies).
5. We believe that that Prophecies of Isaiah were fulfilled with the birth of Yeshua HaMaschiah to a virgin mother (Prophesies of Isaiah).
6. We believe in the Renewed Covenant, which is also referred to as the New Testament where Yeshua HaMaschiah teach us the Gospel from his Father, called the Besorah (click for your copy).
7. We believe that Yeshua HaMashiach is our Messiah and it is through him (his teachings/ his Besorah) that will allow us to become fully in relationship with his heavenly Father, HaOlam (The Eternal One), Our Most High Elohim (God) (John 14:28).